We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Carpenter on behalf of our client Gov Facility Services Ltd. The environment can be a challenging but rewarding one and due to high demand of work this will be a long-term opportunity for the successful candidate.
Key duties will include but won’t be limited to:
- Work as part of a multi-skilled team providing an efficient estates service.
- Carry out a wide range of building work tasks
- Work with fine tools and equipment in difficult areas
- Carry out all aspects of carpentry and joinery including dry wall lining erection, fitting of specialist locks and door closures
- Work safely with heavy equipment and work at heights
- Responsible for carrying out reactive repairs and installations of commercial doors
- Planned preventative maintenance of commercial doors
- Work in a safe manner and within Health & Safety Guidelines
To be eligible for the vacancy we have at the moment you need to meet the following essential criteria:
- NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry
- Recognised qualification as a Locksmith (desirable) but experience essential
- Previous experience working on an FM contract (desirable)
To be able to work for our client, it is essential that you have the ability to pass the Enhanced Level 1 (EL1) or Enhanced Level 2 (EL2) HMPPS Security Vetting process. If you are successful at interview, then this will involve attending a separate appointment at the prison.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on www.skybluesolutions.co.uk
I authorise you to obtain references to support this application if I am offered this post. I will advise my chosen referees of your possible approach.
I consent to the processing of data supplied in this application form for the purpose of recruitment and selection.
I confirm that the above information is correct. I understand that providing false or misleading information to secure employment is misrepresentation. My application may be rejected or employment terminated in such circumstances.