We have an excellent opportunity for a Grounds Maintenance Operative on behalf of our client Gov Facility Services Ltd. This can be a challenging environment, however due to the high demand of work this could be a long-term opportunity for the correct candidate.
As a Grounds Maintenance Operative you will be required to carry out maintenance within the Prison’s perimeter to a high standard. The role will involve loan working and due to the variety of duties being carried out the successful candidate should be multi skilled. Key Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
- Grass cutting
- Shrub bed maintenance
- Hedge cutting
- Leaf collection
- Collection of waste bins
- Litter picking
- Collection/transportation of Sharps
- Removal of graffiti
- Removal/collection of animal waste
- Snow and ice clearance
- Using small machinery items, strimmers, blowers, mowers, hedge-cutters
- Work under the direction of the line manager to complete other tasks as and when required, carry out tasks in other locations as required.
- Full UK Driving License
- Grounds maintenance experience
- Ability to obtain DBS (Formally CRB)
- Ability to complete accurate records
- Good understanding of written and spoken English
- Hold a Basic Horticultural Certificate (desirable)
- Trailer licence (desirable)
- Pa1/Pa6 knapsack spraying (desirable)
- First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Playground Inspection experience (desirable)
- Any horticultural Qualifications (desirable)
To be able to work for our client, it is essential that you have the ability to pass the Enhanced Level 1 (EL1) or Enhanced Level 2 (EL2) HMPPS Security Vetting process. If you are successful at interview, then this will involve attending a separate appointment at the prison.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on www.skybluesolutions.co.uk