Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting a Test & Inspect Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the role:
To ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of electrical services throughout the estate. To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs. The regular supervision of prisoners undertaking quality control over prisoner work as agreed within the Service Specification.
Skills & Abilities:
· Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent with at least five years’ experience working as an electrician
· Qualified to C&G 2391 - Electrical inspection and testing
· Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
· Two years’ experience working in a role as a test and inspection electrician or equivalent
· Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems
· Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
· Strong communication skills
· Basic IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
· Good working Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
· To be accountable for the testing and inspection of electrical services within the prison estate in line with the sites maintenance requirements, industry best practice and statutory requirements
· To be accountable for the maintenance, installation and repair of electrical systems within the prison estate in line with the sites maintenance requirements
· To be responsible for ensuring that any unsafe electrical installations are managed safely and professionally in order to minimise risk to staff and the establishment, identifying the problem and taking remedial action as required
· To advise the site management team of any existing or new electrical installations that are unsafe or that do not meet current regulatory or industry best practice standards
· To take accountability for reactive maintenance within the prison estate in line with the sites long term goals and objectives
· To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times
· To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system
· To ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures. It is expected that this role will resolve day to day operational issues, ensuring managers are notified and only escalating exceptional issues to the Supervisors / Site Manager when additional resources are required
· To undertake quality control over prisoner work as agreed within the Service Specification
· To undertake general maintenance tasks and survey inspections in areas including confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs
· To comply with all Health and Safety policies, procedures and legislation to ensure statutory and mandatory compliance
· To accept formal appointments as a competent person in accordance with the requirement of GFSL’s safe systems of work as required
· To undertake incidental and emergency or urgent tasks and assignments as per Service Specification timescales, in a safe manner
· To take accountability for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and company policy including undertaking the role of Fire Warden and/or First Aider as required
If successful you will receive:
All candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate. The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a criminal records check (standard DBS) along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on www.skybluesolutions.co.uk