2356/SkyBlue2356 | £27k - 30k SALARY | Hemel Hempstead
Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting a Carpenter on a permanent basis.
HMP The Mount - Hemel Hempstead, HP3 0NZ
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned maintenance, refurbishment and new works.
- Construct building frameworks, install structures and fixtures, to the prisoner facilities in the estate, with adherence to Health and Safety guidelines and security procedures in order to meet sites short term and long-term goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the fitting, repair and maintenance of all locks and maintain locking schedules within the estate with adherence to Health and Safety guidelines
- To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs
Skills and Abilities:
- Must hold a City & Guilds, National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 in Carpentry or an equivalent qualification
- Substantiated experience in similar role can be considered as alternative to formal qualification
- Must be able to display competency in the use and operation of all associated power tools and machinery
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management /
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to
- work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Basic IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excel and Word
- Essential Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- Good working Knowledge of planned preventive maintenance operations
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification desirable
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- To take responsibility for planned maintenance, of all woodwork items throughout the establishment for both prisoners/staff areas including locks, doors and windows (excluding electronic locking systems)
- To effectively undertake planned maintenance of locks in accordance with locking
- To take responsibility for the Installation of structures and fixtures
- To take responsibility for the management of relevant stock.
- To be responsible for quality checks, undertaking condemnation of locks and keys and make arrangements for transportation to central locking unit
- To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out
- To undertake survey inspections including in confined spaces and at height recording all work and completing associated registers/logs
- To maintain regular communications, via radio net, in accordance with LSS
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies, procedures and legislation to ensure statutory and mandatory compliance
- To drive estates vehicles and operate plant equipment
- To carry out locking duties as required
- To undertake incidental and emergency or urgent tasks and assignments as per
- Service Delivery Agreement timescales, in a safe manner
- To positively contribute to the building and development of a culture of excellent customer service
- To take accountability for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you, scheme
All candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate. The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a police check, along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found our website.