2561/SkyBlue2561 | £GBP36000 - GBP44000 per annum plus favourable benefits SALARY | South West London
Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor on a permanent basis to work alongside the prison service.
HMP Wandsworth, SW London, SW18 3HS
Purpose of the role:
- Responsible for the service delivery of the operative team
- Assist with the recruitment and supervision of staff
- Produce rotas for the operative team
- Proactive reporting of all Health and Safety issues
- Manage the issue and upkeep of PPE to the team
- Ensure that the operative team are dressed appropriately at all times
- Manage stock levels and equipment
- Conduct job chats with the operative team to identify training requirements
- Assist and support in the preparation of the payroll
- Responsible for liaising with clients to ensure customer satisfaction is measured and objectives are met
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Supervise electrical engineers in achieving KPI passes in planned and reactive maintenance
- Lead on fault finding investigations and proposals for resolutions
- Regular review of engineering processes and procedures to seek continuous improvement
- Implement quality control mechanisms to ensure planned and reactive works are being carried out correctly
- Instil clean and tidy standards throughout the team, in particular, engineering stores and plant rooms
- Accurate and regular upkeep of specific compliance logs
Skills and Abilities:
- Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
- Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
- Five years' experience as an electrician or equivalent
- Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical, building services
- Ability to influence people who are not part of your team
- IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Essential Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements Experience of project management and change management
- Experience of supervising staff and 3rd parties essential
- Knowledge of routine preventive maintenance
- Relevant professional qualifications (facilities management/project management
- Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you, scheme
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a police check, along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria, want to work alongside the prison service, and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found our website