2559/SkyBlue2559 | £GBP27000 - GBP31500 per annum plus favourable benefits SALARY | Sheerness
Generalist Facilities Supervisor
HMP Swaleside, Sheerness, Kent, ME12 4AX
We are recruiting a Generalist Facilities Supervisor on a permanent basis. This includes the management of customer interface within a designated area of an estate; ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites, and provision of a consistent strong link with customers, guaranteeing appropriate and responsive reaction to address any and all client concerns. This is an active and visible role requiring excellent customer and team member relationships and supplier management skills. Working as part of a team within the business, the General Site Supervisor will be expected to positively contribute to the performance of the business.
The General Site Supervisor will lead workflow processes and manage various trade and facility staff members to deliver planned maintenance, reactive maintenance and other support services as required in order to meet the sites goals and objectives.
The services and teams this role is accountable for will be allocated by the Site Manager and will include areas such as (but not limited to) the following: -
- Grounds and Gardens
- Painting and decorating etc.
- Waste Management
- Pest Control
- Fabric Maintenance
- CRED activities
- Management of fleet vehicles on site
- Skills & Knowledge
Previous recognised experience and supervisory skills in the facilities management service.
- Planning and Project Management Skills
- Change Management and ability to drive change
- Ability to search for solutions to seemingly complex issues
- Ability to influence people who are not part of your team
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
- IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Essential Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of supervising 3rd parties
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of routine preventive and reactive maintenance
- Relevant professional qualifications (facilities management / project management
- Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification (desirable)
- Full driving license (desirable)
Permanent candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate
The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you, Scheme.
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
To be able to work for our client, it is essential that you have the ability to pass a police check and the Enhanced Level 1 (EL1) or Enhanced Level 2 (EL2) HMPPS Security Vetting process. If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on our website