GFSL SSOTM Engineer
2209/SkyBlue2209 | £neg SALARY | Thamesmead, Kent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Security Installation/maintenance Engineer on behalf of our client Gov Facility Services Ltd. The environment can be a challenging but rewarding one and this role is on a permanent basis.
Both temporary and permanent candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate
The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
You will be required to take ownership of sites security and other critical systems, providing site management with system and equipment status updates and other duties as required.
- To be accountable for the maintenance, installation and repair of security and other critical systems within the prison establishment in line with the sites maintenance requirements.
- To support projects associated with security and specialist systems including. providing projects with technical support and directly managing some project works.
- To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times.
- To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out.
- To ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Site Manager when required.
- To undertake general maintenance tasks and survey inspections in areas including confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/ logs.
- To manage levels of site stock for security and specialists’ systems critical spares and ensure all materials procured and used are logged and are fit for purpose.
- To escort technical contractors, working with and supervising them in accordance with Local Security Strategy (LSS) when required.
- To drive estates vehicles and operate plant equipment where required.
- To contribute to the development of local practice, and ensure consistency across the unit in the application of policies and procedures affecting prisoners and staff.
- To take accountability for ensuring compliance with H&S legislation and company policy.
- Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) or NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations.
- BS7671 - 17th or 18th Edition.
- BTEC Level 3 or above CCTV Maintenance qualification
- BTEC Level 3 Fire Alarm Maintenance qualification
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced CCTV Networking qualification
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management
- Basic IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Five years’ experience working in the building services industry
- Two years’ experience working in security systems maintenance role
- Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical and security systems
To be able to work for our client, it is essential that you have the ability to pass the Enhanced Level 1 (EL1) or Enhanced Level 2 (EL2) HMPPS Security Vetting process. If you are successful at interview, then this will involve attending a separate appointment at the prison.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on www.skybluesolutions.co.uk