GFSL Senior Site manager
2242/SkyBlue2242 | ££48/55K SALARY | Newport IOW
Senior Facilities Manager
Location: HMP Albany - Isle of Wight
Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting a Senior Site Manager to be based in HMP Albany. You will be responsible for the operational management and delivery of all Facilities Management services onsite.
This is an active and visible onsite role requiring excellent client relationship, team leadership and supplier management skills. Working as part of a team, the role holder will be expected to positively contribute to the performance of the business through business initiatives, engendering a culture of customer care and driving continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will possess considerable experience within the Facilities Management sector and technical service delivery, ideally gained within either a secure environment, prison, military, government, health or similar sector.
Both temporary and permanent candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate
The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
- Complete ownership of the operational management and delivery of all facilities management services delivered within his/her remit which could be either a large complex site or across multiple sites.
- Manage the client interface within a Site or group of Prisons; ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites.
- Provision of a consistently strong link with clients to address any concerns.
- Manage excellent relationships with site managers, suppliers and other partners within a region.
- Line manage and support Site Managers to ensure that they are appropriately equipped to deliver effectively.
- Performance management across teams and service lines, reporting on and monitoring performance.
- Ensure that the operational aspects of his/her area are delivered in accordance with the SLA by an agreed programme of qualitative checks and controlled measures.
- Develop and implement performance strategies and improvement plans to drive continued performance improvements across all sites within the assigned region.
- Control risks and issues escalated at a site-level and put in place appropriate mitigation and resolution plans.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory, Health & Safety, security and relevant company and client policies.
- Ensure control of spending and manage budgets through effective financial management.
- Lead, recruit, develop and retain staff to deliver services in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Visit sites and facilitate regular customer forums and meetings with key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Set objectives for direct reports and review bi-monthly. Ensure same approach and mechanisms for all staff within area of responsibility.
- Attend any training required to fulfil the Senior site manager’s role.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience within the Facilities Management sector and technical service delivery, ideally gained within either a secure environment, prison, military, government, health or similar sector.
- Demonstrable managerial experience, including the management of first line managers
- Financial management and budgetary experience
- IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH Certified
- Planning and Project Management Skills
- Knowledge of risk and compliance
Please note that the role will involve flexible over working hours according to the needs of the business and reasonable travel as required.
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you Scheme.
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
Due to the nature of the environment you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a criminal records check (standard DBS) along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on our website.