2334/SkyBlue2334 | £36k/39k SALARY | March
Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting a Mechanical Site Supervisor on a permanent basis.
HMP Whitemoor, March-Cambridgeshire PE15 0PR
You will be responsible for leading and managing the shift to deliver planned maintenance, reactive maintenance and other support as required in order to meet sites short term and long-term goals and objectives.
This is an active and visible role requiring excellent customer relationship and supplier management skills. Working as part of a team within the business, the role holder will be expected to contribute in a positive manner to the performance of the business.
Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
- To be responsible for ensuring all mechanical and other systems as required by the site manager, are maintained in alignment with the service specification, industry best practice and regulatory requirements including business led compliance activities.
- To take accountability for the supervision of all staff within their area of responsibility and other site staff as required providing direction on the work for the day and that relevant work area is maintained to a high standard.
- To be responsible for managing and supervising subcontractors as required by the business.
- Ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Site Manager when required
- Carry out prisoner interviews, inductions and supervise prisoners within the area of work, ensuring that they are appropriately inducted and deployed, completes basic documentation relating to prisoners where required such as logging hours worked
- Ensures prisoner security is maintained including conducting prisoner rub down and pat down searches in accordance with policy.
- Undertake staff appraisals providing relevant performance information to Line Managers
- To take accountability for the effective management of the tool inventory and maintain security standards within the work area
- To take accountability for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and company policy including undertaking the role of Fire Warden and/or First Aider as required
Skills and Abilities:
- Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience as a plumber or equivalent
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements.
- Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water or building services systems
- Qualified mechanical engineer with experience working on commercial or industrial mechanical or heating systems is desirable
- Ability to influence people who are not part of your team
- IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Experience of supervising staff and third parties essential
- Very good working knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of routine preventive maintenance
- Relevant professional qualifications (facilities management/project management
- Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification
- Full driving license preferably with D1 Essential Experience
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a criminal records check (standard DBS) along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments.
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you, Scheme.
All candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate. The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a police check, along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found our website.