Multi-Skilled HVAC Engineer
2409/SkyBlue2409 | £36-40.5K SALARY | Rochester
Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting a Multi-Skilled HVAC engineer on a permanent basis.
HMP Rochester, Kent - ME1 3QS
To ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of electrical services throughout the estate.
To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
- To be accountable for the maintenance, installation and repair of air conditioning and refrigeration systems within the prison estate in line with the sites maintenance requirements
- To be accountable for the maintenance, installation and repair of electrical systems within the prison estate in line with the sites maintenance requirements
- To take accountability for general reactive maintenance within the prison estate in line with the sites long term goals and objectives
- To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times
- To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system
- To undertake general maintenance tasks and survey inspections in areas including confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies, procedures and legislation to ensure statutory and mandatory compliance
- To accept formal appointments as a competent person in accordance with the requirement of GFSL’s safe systems of work as required
- To undertake incidental and emergency or urgent tasks and assignments as per Service Specification timescales, in a safe manner
- To contribute to the development of local practice, process and initiatives, ensure consistency across the unit in the application of policies and procedures affecting prisoners and staff
- To actively contribute to the effective management of the tool inventory and maintain security standards within the designated work area
- To positively contribute to the building and development of a culture of excellent customer service, establishing and maintaining an excellent working relationship with the client
- To take accountability for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and company policy including undertaking the role of Fire Warden and/or First Aider as required
Skills and Abilities:
- Refrigeration and air conditioning engineer qualified to C&G 6187 - Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- NVQ level 3 Diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or equivalent.
- Qualified to C&G 2079 - Refrigerant Handling.
- Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
- Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
- Two years’ experience working in a role as a HVAC multiskilled engineer or equivalent.
- Experience working on commercial or industrial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems
- At least 2 years Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of taking instructions and following processes and procedures
- Experience of working in a team
- Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines Knowledge
- Good working Knowledge of planned preventive maintenance operations
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you, Scheme.
All candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate. The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a police check, along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found our website.