2457/SkyBlue2457 | £55-62k SALARY | Greater London
Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting a Senior Projects Manager on a Permanent basis, for the Greater London region.
Purpose of the role:
Principle purpose of the role is managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery and performance of the Minor Capital Works, M&E, Hard FM, Refurbishment and any other “Elective Works” Projects on the HMPPS Estate in one of four regions in the south of England. The individual is to work alongside the internal stakeholders and Head of Projects to ensure the appropriate management of delivery, compliance to H&S standards and any appropriate contract level KPI’s are met and exceeded.
This is a senior role which relies on influencing and highly developed interpersonal skills to achieve results. The job holder will also be responsible for managin their own pipeline of project activity. The role requires excellent teamwork and relationship management skills. Forming strong links with the Regional Estates Manager, Regional Account Director, internal and external stakeholders, regional FM cluster managers and field teams will be essential.
- Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
Acts as the operational lead and focal point for their defined region
- Working with the Head of Projects, develops and agrees local strategy to form a contract delivery plan for all expected workload from HMPPS.
- Monitoring the delivery project works to ensure quality, programme and compliance targets are met.
- Delivers these elements within their own delivery plan to achieve the current year's performance
- Maintains effective internal and external client or user relationships within own area of responsibility
- Delivers to GFSL Health and Safety policy and all relevant standards
- Ensures statutory and regulatory approvals are in place prior to works starting e.g. CDM, Building Regs etc
- Manages the recruitment, performance and development of project staff employed across a portfolio of Prison Establishments and predetermined projects
- Achieves, and where possible exceeds, annual targets, delivery of schemes within programme, safety and supports sustainable growth
- Proactively raising the profile of GFSL with all stakeholders
- Identifying additional tender opportunities and procuring services in the most cost-effective way
- Responsible for the financial performance of projects within their region.
- Contribute to budget planning, scoping, costing and change control, installing financial acumen to PM’s and the wider team.
- Directs high profile stand-alone projects, controlling costs and programme accordingly.
- Responsible for the overall resourcing within their region
- Optimises performance
- Auditing performance and modifications of the team as dictated by workload
- Full management control of people resources and is responsible for implementing disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal.
Requirements for the role:
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience are required.
- Member of a Professional Body with Intermediate Level Qualifications is desirable.
- Recognised Project or Programme Management qualification (e.g. MSP; PRINCE2; APM) desirable
Skills and Expertise:
- Likely to have in excess of 5 years managerial and technical experience in project delivery (Desirable).
- Experienced in managing low value, high volume minor work projects (Essential).
- Experiencing in communicating with and managing remote workers. (Essential)
- Experienced in managing multiple projects, at different stages of development across range of disciplines and establishments (Essential
- Minor works projects covering a diverse range of services including mechanical, LV & HV electrical, groundworks and civil, building fabric, fire and security (Essential)
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation including Health and Safety (including CDM) building regulations, planning and building standards. (Essential)
- Considerable knowledge of the built environment. (Essential)
If successful you will receive:
25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
Excellent Pension Scheme
Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
Annual Performance Award
Thank you Scheme
About Our Client:
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
To be able to work for our client, it is essential that you have the ability to pass the Enhanced Level 1 (EL1) or Enhanced Level 2 (EL2) HMPPS Security Vetting process If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on our website.