Regional Health & Safety Manager
2439/SkyBlue2439 | £Salary - £48/55K SALARY | east of England
Location - East of England
Salary - £48/55K
Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting Regional Health & Safety Manager on a Permanent basis.
This is an active and visible role requiring excellent client relationship and team leadership skills. Working as part of a team within the business, the role holder will be expected to contribute in a positive manner to the performance of the business.
Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the Region
- Support the development and the implementation of the safety management system within Opus and further supporting materials such as toolbox talks and guidance
- Undertake accident and incident investigations
- Deliver safety briefings in line with the training programme requirements
- Devise and deliver health and safety training as appropriate to the target audience
- Work with the operational teams to reduce the number of safety and environmental incidents to a minimum
- Carry out programmed and ad hoc inspections and site visits
- Review health and safety plans, method statements and risk assessments
- Assisting with the assessment of subcontractors and reviewing their performance
- Collate management information and reports to provide regular H&S updates and insights ● Support activities to create awareness and promote the implementation of policies and objectives
- Facilitate the sharing of best practice and learning across the region and the wider safety team
- Determining ways of reducing risks
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum NEBOSH Certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ 5 or equivalent desired
- CMIOSH or equivalent desirable
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders or interested parties such as the Regional Operations Directors, HMPPS Operational Leads, HMPPS / MoJ Technical leads, Specialist Consultants, Supply Chain partners and regulatory bodies.
- Ability to identify and solve complex health and safety problems in a timely manner, exploring options including cost, benefit and risk, taking account of the wider context such as diversity and sustainability. Decision making is occasionally taken but usually a proposal referred up the management line.
- Ability to write detailed, and at times complex, incident investigation reports including considered and justified recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to manage safety improvement projects involving various teams and stakeholders, manage resources to support the delivery of achieving quality cost and programme targets.
- Ability to work effectively with staff across different departments, the client, suppliers and specialist consultants.
- Ability to influence a range of other stakeholders and interested parties to comply with the safety management system, deliver on recommendations from investigations / audits and support safety improvement projects.
- Essential: Previous experience (minimum 3 to 5 years) in a similar role providing health and safety support within either; Building Service, Facilities Management or M&E Sector.
- Essential: high levels of theoretical, operational and procedural experience and skill. The level of experience required would usually be achieved through previous relevant and ‘on the job’ experience and formal training.
- Essential: writing, reviewing, explaining, presenting complex information, procedures, etc, writing complex investigation reports, undertaking root cause analysis, communicating findings /outcomes
- Essential: experience of writing/devising bespoke training sessions, and delivering them to others, at all levels.
- Essential: experience dealing with challenging situations, alongside the need to liaise effectively with external stakeholders such as the HSE.
- Desirable: Experience of a similar role in the Construction sector.
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you, scheme
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a criminal records check (standard DBS) along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on Skyblue solutions website.