Security Systems Technician SSOTM ENGINEER
2621/SkyBlue2621 | ££39000 - GBP43500 per annum Plus favourable benefits SALARY | March
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent SSOTM Engineer at HMP Whitemoor
The environment can be a challenging but rewarding. You will be required to take ownership of sites security and other critical systems, providing site management with system and equipment status updates and other duties as required.
- To be accountable for the maintenance, installation and repair of security and other critical systems within the prison establishment in line with the sites maintenance requirements.
- To support projects associated with security and specialist systems including. providing projects with technical support and directly managing some project works.
- To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times.
- To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out.
- To ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Site Manager when required.
- To undertake general maintenance tasks and survey inspections in areas including confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/ logs.
- To manage levels of site stock for security and specialists’ systems critical spares and ensure all materials procured and used are logged and are fit for purpose.
- To escort technical contractors, working with and supervising them in accordance with Local Security Strategy (LSS) when required.
- To drive estates vehicles and operate plant equipment where required.
- To contribute to the development of local practice, and ensure consistency across the unit in the application of policies and procedures affecting prisoners and staff.
- To take accountability for ensuring compliance with H&S legislation and company policy.
- Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) or NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations.
- BS7671 - 17th or 18th Edition.
- BTEC Level 3 or above CCTV Maintenance qualification
- BTEC Level 3 Fire Alarm Maintenance qualification
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced CCTV Networking qualification
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management
- Basic IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Five years’ experience working in the building services industry
- Two years’ experience working in security systems maintenance role
- Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical and security systems
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you, scheme
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a police check, along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments. If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found our website.