We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Supervisor (Mechanical Bias) on behalf of our client Gov Facility Services Ltd. The environment can be a challenging but rewarding one and due to high demand of work this will be a long-term opportunity for the successful candidate.
Both temporary and permanent candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate
The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
You will be required to manage a team of operatives to ensure a compliant and professional, cost effective service is maintained. To act as an interface between the operative team and the client and to report issues arising to the relevant line Manager.
- Responsible for service delivery of operative team
- Assist with the recruitment and supervision of staff
- Support team members
- Produce rotas for the operative team
- Proactive reporting of all Health and Safety issues
- Manage the issue and upkeep of PPE to the team
- Ensure that the operative team are appropriately dressed at all times whilst on duty.
- Manage stock levels and equipment
- Conduct job chats with the operative team to identify training requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll
- Liaise with the client to ensure customer satisfaction with the service provided
- Supervise mechanical engineers in achieving KPI passes in planned and reactive maintenance
- Responsible for fault finding investigations and proposals for resolutions
- Regular review of engineering processes and procedures to seek continuous improvement
- Implement quality control mechanisms to ensure planned and reactive works are being carried out correctly
- Instil clean and tidy standards throughout the team, in particular, engineering stores and plant rooms
- Accurate and regular upkeep of specific compliance logs
To be able to work for our client, it is essential that you have the ability to pass the Enhanced Level 1 (EL1) or Enhanced Level 2 (EL2) HMPPS Security Vetting process. If you are successful at interview, then this will involve attending a separate appointment at the prison.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on www.skybluesolutions.co.uk