Regional Engineering Manager
Location: East of England
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Engineering Manager on behalf of our client Gov Facility Services Ltd. The environment can be a challenging but rewarding one and this will be a permanent role for the successful candidate.
The Regional Engineering Manager will provide technical and operational building services engineering support to GFSL management and site based operational teams. This is a regional role providing expert advice and guidance on safe operational delivery of building services to HMPPS sites. The role includes acting as the principal point of contact for operational teams in the resolution of technical engineering challenges.
- To be responsible for providing technical management information in relation to safe systems of work, compliance, repair and operation of building services engineering systems.
- Provide accurate and timely specific technical and management support to project delivery teams ensuring business objectives are met.
- To comply with all H&S policies, procedures and legislation to ensure compliance.
- To monitor and evaluate contractors, ensuring quality of work meets the required standard, audit works and advise on remedial action as required.
- To lead on regular formal auditing and monitoring as well as ad hoc checks of site operations/ processes.
- To advise and support ops teams complete outstanding works identified during internal/ external supplier audit processes.
- To act as an Authorised Person in respect to internal high-risk systems safety rules for confined spaces and either high pressure mech or high voltage elec systems.
- To lead on tech investigations and support with accident/ near misses investigations.
- To build and maintain collaborative and professional partnerships with senior colleagues, up to Director level, and key senior decision makers employed internally.
- To positively contribute to the building and development of a culture of excellent customer service, establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships.
- To support the assessment of subcontractors and review their performance and suitability as supply chain members.
- To attend and provide technical management support to operational and regional team meetings.
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- An HND, NVQ 4 or equivalent, ideally in an engineering discipline.
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent health and safety qualification is desirable.
- Formal qualifications and / or accredited training in mechanical or electrical building services engineering trade.
- Ability to write detailed technical engineering reports.
- Good IT skills including knowledge of email, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Experience as an Authorised Person with operational experience of managing high risk tasks is desirable.
- Extensive experience as a manager or supervisor in a technical building services role.
- Flexible over working hours according to the needs of the business.
- Full driving license.
To be able to work for our client, it is essential that you have the ability to pass the Enhanced Level 1 (EL1) or Enhanced Level 2 (EL2) HMPPS Security Vetting process. If you are successful at interview, then this will involve attending a separate appointment at the prison.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on www.skybluesolutions.co.uk