Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting a Contract/Site Manager on a short-term basis initially but has the potential to be extended due to further works in the pipeline.
The position will be based in Kent.
Daily rate £250 paye or £325 umbrella
The role requires excellent teamwork and relationship management skills at grass-roots level on site. Forming strong links with the Project Manager, local stakeholders and the Establishment management team. Robust yet collaborative sub-contractor management and respectful delivery timed to the customers operations is essential. The post holder will be expected to positively contribute to the project lifecycle and deliver the works as directed by the Project Manager. Delivering a right first time, quality product to our customers.
Responsible for the successful delivery of a programmes of works at HMPPS site. Ensures scope of works are developed to meet customer objectives and commercial compliance. Manages the construction phase, including sub-contractor’s performance, health and safety, compliance and quality. Where required supervise and control at site level at an individual project.
Duties to include but not limited to:
· Input to project pre-construction activity, reporting as necessary on progress.
· Undertake site/project surveys and make priced proposals (with the aid of specialists and estimators, as necessary)
· Organise R&D surveys and other statutory works as directed
· Undertake regular inspections and monitor works in line with PC duties and CDM 2015.
· Manage suitable contractors and/or manage self-perform operatives to deliver the site works
· Monitor the design process against delivery and escalate change orders where identified.
Ensure all project opportunities are assessed for logistics and planning works around safety risks
· Control and coordinate escorts and ensure security arrangements are confirmed in advance of works starting
· Ensure projects are executed in accordance with all relevant safety legislation, including the CDM regulations
Ensure all projects are delivered within the agreed timeframe and budget, planning own and contractors time appropriately.
Requirements for the role:
· Working knowledge gained through previous job experience & training
Experience of supervision of M&E, fabric or other technical standards
· Use of ICT and systems to support project delivery
Likely to have 2-3 years’ experience
· The candidate will need to have Electrical / Construction Site Manager experience and qualifications.
All candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate. The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a criminal records check (standard DBS) along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on www.skybluesolutions.co.uk