Location: Milton Keynes
Postcode: MK4 4DA
Salary: £36,000-£39,000 + benefits
Role: Electrical Supervisor
Location: HMP Woodhill, Milton Keynes
Salary: £36,000 to £39,000 + benefits
Both temporary and permanent candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate.
The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
Purpose of the role:
You will be required to manage a team of Operatives to ensure a compliant and professional, cost effective service is maintained. To act as an interface between the Operative team and the client and to report issues arising to relevant Line Manager.
Skills and Abilities:
- Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
- Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
- Five years' experience as an electrician or equivalent
- Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical, building services
- Ability to influence people who are not part of your team
- IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the service delivery of the operative team
- Assist with the recruitment and supervision of staff
- Produce rotas for the operative team
- Proactive reporting of all Health and Safety issues
- Manage the issue and upkeep of PPE to the team
- Ensure that the operative team are dressed appropriately at all times
- Manage stock levels and equipment
- Conduct job chats with the operative team to identify training requirements
- Assist and support in the preparation of the payroll
- Responsible for liaising with clients to ensure customer satisfaction is measured and objectives are met
- Supervise electrical engineers in achieving KPI passes in planned and reactive maintenance
- Lead on fault finding investigations and proposals for resolutions
- Regular review of engineering processes and procedures to seek continuous improvement
- Implement quality control mechanisms to ensure planned and reactive works are being carried out correctly
- Instil clean and tidy standards throughout the team, in particular, engineering stores and plant rooms
- Accurate and regular upkeep of specific compliance logs
- Essential Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements Experience of project management and change management
- Experience of supervising staff and 3rd parties essential
- Knowledge of routine preventive maintenance
- Relevant professional qualifications (facilities management/project management
- Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you Scheme.
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
To be able to work for our client, it is essential that you have the ability to pass the Enhanced Level 1 (EL1) or Enhanced Level 2 (EL2) HMPPS Security Vetting process. If you are successful at interview, then this will involve attending a separate appointment at the prison.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on our website