Postcode: SO22 5DF
Purpose of the role:
To deliver planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of plumbing, heating and water supply / services throughout the estate. To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs. This is an active and visible role requiring excellent customer relationship skills.
Skills & Abilities:
- Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
- CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety and relevant domestic appliance units
- COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety certificate and relevant commercial units (Desirable)
- Two years’ experience working in a role as a heating engineer, a combustion engineer or equivalent
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Gas safe (installation and use) regulations 1998 and associated industry Standards
Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
- To take accountability for and act as the Gas Safe appointed person if required
- To ensure the sites gas fired appliances and associated systems are safe to operate, maintained to statutory and manufacturers requirements
- To ensure that any immediately dangerous gas appliances are identified and shut off in accordance with the gas industry unsafe situations procedure in order to minimise risk to staff and the establishment, identifying the problem and taking remedial action as required
- To be prepared for ad hoc professional competency assessments undertaken by internal teams and the industry regulator
- To take accountability for reactive maintenance within the prison estate in line with the sites long term goals and objectives
- To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site ser
- To complete plumbing and heating installations including testing, and commissioning in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
- To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system
- To undertake general maintenance tasks and survey inspections in areas including confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs
- To escort technical contractors, working with and supervising them in accordance with Local Security Strategy (LSS) when required
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies, procedures and legislation to ensure statutory and mandatory compliance
- To undertake incidental and emergency or urgent tasks and assignments as per Service Specification, in a safe manner
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you, Scheme
All candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate. The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a criminal records check (standard DBS) along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found our website