We have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-Skilled engineer ( electrically qualified) on behalf of our client Gov Facility Services Ltd. The environment can be a challenging but rewarding one.
Both temporary and permanent candidates working for our client have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that they undertake to maintain the prison estate.
The stability and security that they can offer is now more relevant than ever.
Purpose of the role:
To ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of electrical services throughout the estate.
Skills and Abilities:
● Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
● Qualified to C&G 2391 - Electrical inspection and testing
● Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
● Two years’ experience working as a test and inspection electrician, in a multi-skilled role or equivalent
● Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems
● Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water systems is desirable
● Good working Knowledge of planned preventive maintenance operations
● Relevant professional qualifications
● Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification desirable
Duties will include, but not limited to:
● To be accountable for the testing and inspection of electrical services within the prison estate in line with the sites maintenance requirements
● To complete, test and commission electrical installations in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
● To complete plumbing installations, testing, and commissioning in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
● To take accountability for reactive maintenance within the prison estate in line with the sites long term goals and objectives
● To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times
If successful you will receive:
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
To be able to work for our client, it is essential that you have the ability to pass the Enhanced Level 1 (EL1) or Enhanced Level 2 (EL2) HMPPS Security Vetting process. If you are successful at interview, then this will involve attending a separate appointment at the prison.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on our website